Children do not have to be perfect to become a model. But here are some usual requirements:
- Agencies look for children with good features such as healthy skin, big and bright eyes, shiny hair and a smiling face.
- Conventionally good-looking kids are in high demand. Children are selected depending on the type of cover or advertisement.
- A “different” or unusual look might make your child unique. For example, young boys having long hair or an Asian child with green eyes or any other unconventional features could have an edge over others.
- A child’s overall personality also matters. A fearless, happy and smiling kid is preferred to a kid who always needs their parents around.
- The child needs to be friendly, outgoing and comfortable interacting with strangers as they have to meet photographers etc. They should also be okay with a crowd of other kids.
- The aspiring model should be good at taking advice and instructions from new people during shoots. A shy child will not be able to enjoy all the attention and thrills that come with modelling, while a carefree child will not like to listen to others.